This breakfast frittata is my go-to weekday prep-ahead meal. I often make a frittata on Sundays, and then my husband and I will have it for breakfast on Monday – because we all know how hard it is to get out of bed on Mondays. The only problem is deciding who gets to have it for breakfast on Tuesday!
I also LOVE serving this for brunch – my guests think it’s so fancy! Little do they know, I can whip this up in 5 minutes flat!
Make-Ahead Breakfast Frittata
- 6 eggs
- 6 pieces of deli ham - diced
- 2 oz white cheddar (I love Balderson 2 yr cheddar for this - its so nutty and rich, it complements the eggs perfectly. Any cheese will do though, mozza, shredded tex mex, etc.) - diced
- 1/2 red pepper - diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Any additional spices or herbs (see below)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 8" cake pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix all eggs with fork or whisk
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until you wiggle the pan and there is no movement in the centre.
- Let cool slightly, and slice up
Frittata Tips and Tricks
- I like to add a bit of greek seasoning or Mrs. Dash to add some spice. In the summer, fresh chives go very nicely in this dish!
- This is fantastic along-side a nice breakfast salad with mixed greens and a bit of lemon balsamic vinegar
- I LOVE making this dish on a Sunday, and wrapping each portion individually for many breakfasts during the week – microwave for ~30 seconds to re-heat (watch closely – eggs are known to explode in the microwave when left unattended!)
- Other great ingredients include:
- brie and mushrooms
- goat cheese, sun-dried tomato and spinach
- Smoked salmon and asparagus with a squeeze of lemon