I’ve been humming and ha’ing over writing this post for a while. I wanted it to be ‘perfect’ (no surprise). But chances are, I won’t nail everything down and it…
Yep – you heard us right. In this day and age, people are BOMBARDED with nutrition misinformation, ridiculous diets, and unattainable ‘beauty’ standards – all focused on body or health manipulation. Our patients come to us overwhelmed and exhausted from yo-yo dieting and constant weight fluctuation, up and down, as a result.
When your mind has been dominated by food decisions – you have to ask yourself – what are you missing out on?
Life. You’re missing out on YOUR life. We’ve all been there. At a family gathering with SO MUCH food we ‘aren’t allowed’ to eat. You tell yourself you can’t have it and end up FIXATED on how everyone else gets a slice of your aunt’s delicious apple pie. OR, you feel a complete loss of control around the celebratory food and then eat until you feel sick. This is often followed by a shame-spiral, taking you out of the moment. Preventing you from ENJOYING your life. Chipping away at your self-worth, and food confidence.
Diet cultures tells us what to eat, when to eat, and how much to eat. But what if we learned to listen to the wisdom our bodies had? What would change?
Our desire for weight management and food control is often tied to our body image.
Do you measure your self-worth by how much you weigh? Is food associated with guilt, or how you value yourself? What we eat is very personal. However, it should never dictate how we see ourselves. Seeing a dietitian can help you to begin to trust your body, learn to love what you eat, and improve your food relationship.
We work holistically with clients and take a food-first approach to improve your health, and foster a positive relationship with food.
We will work together to determine a personalized plan, designed to help you approach food differently. Behaviour change and a healthy relationship with food is how you shape your health in a positive and meaningful way – NOT another diet.
Food Relationship – Intuitive Eating + Health Values + Gentle Nutrition
The remedy to stop yo-yo dieting and end food obsession is starting fresh, with re-defining health, and developing positive food relationship behaviours – not another fad diet.
Ignite specializes in behaviour change and practical nutrition – fitting nutrition and health behaviours in to your lifestyle that are realistic, and that you can feel confident with doing, day in and day out.
Ready to Transform your Food Relationship? Working with our dietitians is for you if:
- You’ve been told to lose weight, but what you really want to focus on is your HEALTH
- If the thought of going on another diet makes you want to run and hide
- You’re tired of yo-yo dieting and ‘falling off the wagon’ (do you fail the diet, or is the diet failing you? I’ll tell you now – it’s the latter.)
- You experience emotions like guilt, or shame around eating
- You’re completely overwhelmed with ‘food rules’ like ‘I can’t eat after 8,’ or ‘bananas have too much sugar’ and making nutrition decisions is stressful
- You’re ready to try something different – that helps you STOP obsessing over food
- You want to build a positive body image, for you, and to be a good role model to those in your life