Hi there, I’m Marlee! I'm Ignite's Dietitian Team Lead.
I studied at St. Francis Xavier in my home province of Nova Scotia. I have a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Human Nutrition with a specialization in dietetics and have been practicing since 2015. I am registered with the College of Dietitians of Alberta and the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
I help people by understanding their story first and foremost. I want to get to know you, and REALLY understand what brought you here. From there, we will work together to create a plan that fits your needs and actually works within your lifestyle as well.
My passion as a dietitian is working with patients who have unique and complex health concerns, particularly digestive disorders. When something feels SO BIG, it can feel impossible to manage, but that’s why I love my job so much – it’s exciting to see my patients thrive with small steps toward their big goals. By breaking down your plan into actionable steps, it will feel so much less daunting and so much more attainable.
I specialize in:
- IBS & SIBO
- Complex functional gut disorders - trust me, I've seen it ALL
- Digestive disorders (EoE, celiac, GERD, IBD, and more!)
- Unusual allergies and intolerances like histamine intolerance and food chemical intolerances
- Fatty liver disease & NASH
- PCOS and women’s health – I’ve even written a PCOS cookbook!
- Nutrition for disease prevention and management
- Intuitive eating & food relationship
- Meal prep and planning (the ‘practical stuff’)
- Oncology and cancer survivorship
- Nutrition to help ease migraines
I'm a realist and I live by the philosophy that food should be simple, nutritious, and easy to prepare. Let's connect and start your journey towards a healthy, sustainable life!