The physical discomfort of acid reflux is enough to drive a person crazy. Worrying about food making you sick, or how long you’ve been on medications is a common concern.
We can help you put a plan in place to manage your acid reflux.
Managing reflux may require a multi-step approach as acid reflux symptoms can vary from person to person. We personalize your plan to manage YOUR symptoms. Some of our strategies include:
- Getting back to basics – making small, meaningful changes to what, when and how you eat to get your symptoms under control fast
- Reviewing Stress & Lifestyle (The Brain-Gut Connection) – often triggers for reflux
- Reducing intra-abdominal pressure (think gas, bloating, constipation) by reducing fermentable carbohydrates
- Medication Management (Non-pharmacological & prescription) – our goal is to get you feeling better fast, and reduce the overall amount of reflux medication you need (if any!)
- Keeping your esophagus safe from acid – ensuring we reduce the risk of acid damage to your esophagus
- The Gut Microbiome – making sure we keep your digestive tract and gut bacteria healthy
Based on your symptoms we will create a personalized approach to help you start feeling better – fast.