A recipe doesn’t need to be confusing and overwhelming! Yet so many out there are! Have you ever tried to make a new dish, but you didn’t know what some of the ingredients were. Let alone, you had no idea where to find them in the store!
½ cup of a head of radicchio? 1 cup of polenta? 1 TSP of caraway seeds? Or edible flowers?
Recipes don’t have to be complex, or Instagram-elaborate in order to be tasty. Simple recipes are DELICIOUS too!
This Low FODMAP Lemon Herb Chicken with Garden Vegetables is simple, and delicious.
Most importantly, I guarantee that you can find all these ingredients at ONE grocery store – or even more likely, in your fridge and pantry.
This chicken dinner is spiced with flavorful herbs and placed on a bed of garden vegetables for an aesthetically pleasing and tasteful dish. It combines two of the most important things to learn alongside nutrition – confidence in the kitchen, with ingredients you know, and confidence in cooking – because it’s SO simple.
As you build those skills, especially while navigating a low FODMAP diet, it can help to make nutrition changes easier.
Low FODMAP Lemon Herb Chicken with Garden Vegetables
- 2 Zucchini, chopped in thick slices
- 1 Red pepper, chopped
- 1 Yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 3 cups of mini potatoes, chopped in halves
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 TBSP dried basil
- 1 TBSP dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Chop the first 5 vegetables as directed.
- Heat coconut oil in a wok (or frying pan) on medium.
- Place potatoes and carrots in wok for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add zucchini and peppers. Cover and cook for 20 more minutes stirring frequently.
- While vegetables are cooking, cook chicken in a separate frying pan until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Assemble herb sauce by mixing basil, oregano, salt, pepper and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Drizzle herb sauce over top of chickens and squeeze ¼ of a lemon over each chicken breast.
- Serve chicken on a bed of vegetables.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, if desired.