Have you heard of Hello Fresh? I had this AMAZING tagliatelle, and had to share the recipe with you – so you could have a taste of the incredible recipes they put together!
They’re one of my favourites to recommend to those who are busy, and struggle to plan and grocery shop for healthy meals.
They kindly sent me a sample delivery a few months ago, and now I’m sharing their AMAZING recipes.
Hello Fresh kindly offers my readers and clients 50% off their first Hello Fresh delivery with the promo code: HARDY50. Put that in at check out and save on your first delivery!
I love that their recipes are quick, easy, and frankly, add some variety to my cooking and recipe rotation. This pasta was a HUGE hit in my house.
Pasta is my go-to dinner when I’m in a rush since it’s SO quick and easy to make. It’s super simple to throw in all my vegetables and left-over meat, toss them together, then it’s ready. I find it’s the easiest way for a balanced and nutritious dinner after a long busy day. Also, I only use one non-stick pot to boil the pasta and do the tossing, so cleaning up is super easy!
Whoever said ‘pasta is bad for you’ is crazy. I hate the bad wrap pasta gets! It’s not the pasta that’s the problem – it’s how you balance your plate. Get those veg in – and watch the creamy sauces! This recipe finds the perfect compromise.
I really like how flavourful this dish is with the pancetta, onions, garlic, and thyme. The touch of lemon zest highlights the whole dish and will definitely make it a favourite for summer!
This recipe also has my personal favourite of all time – Mushrooms! Speaking of mushrooms, they are low in fat and calories and they contain vitamins and minerals, so they are a great choice to add to your dish. In this recipe, the mushrooms alone give you 3 servings of veg a day – to hit 4 – add a handful of spinach & wilt in – like I LOVE to do!
Also – super easy to double- great for lunches the next day!
Crispy Pancetta Tagliatelle with Black Pepper Pasta, Mushrooms and Thyme
- 2 cups diced pancetta
- 2 x ¾ in. circle of dried black pepper fettuccine, or 2 servings if fresh, cooked per instructions
- ¼ cup pasta water
- ¾ cup chopped red onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 ½ tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 lemon, zest and juiced
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- Olive or canola oil
- 2 handfuls of spinach (optional)
- Line a medium plate with paper towel and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat a drizzle of oil over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and toss until crispy for 5-6 min. Transfer the pancetta to the lined plate. Save 1 tbsp fat from the pan and discard the rest.
- In the same pan over medium heat, cook onion, garlic, thyme and mushrooms for 7-8 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the pasta, pasta water, sour cream, half the lemon zest, and 1 tbsp lemon juice, then toss together with mushrooms & spinach for 1 min. Season with salt and pepper, and add 1 tsp lemon juice at a time to taste.
- Plate pasta and top with crispy pancetta and remaining lemon zest. Enjoy!
Tagliatelle Tips & Tricks
- Choose whole wheat pasta for a fibre boost!
- If avoiding wheat – a gluten free noodle is also a great option for this dish
- Wilt in 1-2 handfuls of spinach for some extra veg, or do half zucchini noodles, half pasta to amp up the veggie intake!
Disclosure: I received one Hello Fresh delivery for my time – and wanted to share about my experience with them as I truly believe it is of benefit to my clients & readers. While the information conveyed may support clients’ objectives, the opinions expressed are my own and based on current scientific evidence. I do not engage in business with companies whose products or services do not match my personal and professional beliefs.