Hello all! This isn’t a typical blog post. But I wanted to share someplace our clients, patients, and followers could…
The Ignite Nutrition Dietetics Internship Scholarship
Ignite Nutrition recognizes the commitment and potential dietetics students have in effectively communicating science. We offer a yearly scholarship of $750 to the successful applicant.
Who is Ignite Nutrition?
Ignite Nutrition is a dietetic private practice located in Calgary Alberta specializing in digestive disorders. We have created a scholarship for dietetic interns to help them reach their goal of becoming a registered dietitian. This scholarship will be awarded to a student exhibiting financial need, who can share with us a personal reflection on the role of connective communication in dietetics.
Scholarship value of $750
- be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in nutrition sciences/nutrition & dietetics program in Canada
- students must express financial need to study nutrition and complete their internship
- Must provide proof of being accepted into a dietetic internship
- have an GPA of at least 3.5/4.0
- A completed (and signed) Application Cover Sheet. Download Here.
- A completed (and signed) Statement of Financial Status. Download Here.
- Provide proof of being admitted to a dietetics program. (a copy of registration or acceptance letter)
- A short cover letter (no longer than 1 page) describing your academic goals and involvement in community nutrition & health activities.
- Must watch our dietitian, Andrea Hardy’s TEDx talk on connective communication for health care providers here.
- Complete a 500-1,000-word essay on what ‘connective communication’ means to you as a future dietitian. We would like to see how you plan to use your unique skills to connect with patients in a meaningful way.
Applications open January 1 to March 1 each calendar year. Scholarship recipient is announced April 15th each calendar year.
All Nominations and questions should be submitted to Ignite Nutrition by email [email protected]