- Nutrition + Psych for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Health Management
- Digestive Disorders
- Oncology Nutrition
- Liver Disease
- Women’s Health
- Microscopic Colitis
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
- Non-Celiac Wheat Sensitivity
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
About Marlee Hamilton
Hi there, I’m Marlee! I'm Ignite's Dietitian Team Lead.
I studied at St. Francis Xavier in my home province of Nova Scotia. I have a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Human Nutrition with a specialization in dietetics and have been practicing since 2015. I am registered with the College of Dietitians of Alberta and the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
I help people by understanding their story first and foremost. I want to get to know you, and REALLY understand what brought you here. From there, we will work together to create a plan that fits your needs and actually works within your lifestyle as well.
My passion as a dietitian is working with patients who have unique and complex health concerns, particularly digestive disorders. When something feels SO BIG, it can feel impossible to manage, but that’s why I love my job so much – it’s exciting to see my patients thrive with small steps toward their big goals. By breaking down your plan into actionable steps, it will feel so much less daunting and so much more attainable.
I specialize in:
- IBS & SIBO
- Complex functional gut disorders - trust me, I've seen it ALL
- Digestive disorders (EoE, celiac, GERD, microscopic colitis, IBD, and more!)
- Unusual allergies and intolerances like histamine intolerance and food chemical intolerances
- Fatty liver disease & NASH
- PCOS and insulin resistance – I’ve even written a PCOS cookbook!
- Nutrition for disease prevention and management
- Intuitive eating & food relationship
- Meal prep and planning (the ‘practical stuff’)
- Oncology and cancer survivorship
I'm a realist and I live by the philosophy that food should be simple, nutritious, and easy to prepare. Let's connect and start your journey towards a healthy, sustainable life!
Posts written by Marlee Hamilton
Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of inflammatory bowel disease in which inflammationand structural damage occurs in the innermost layer of the large bowel. Currently, there isn’t enough evidence to suggest which diet is the best diet for the management of UC. This can bring some…
When we talk about digestive health, we often hear about inflammation. There’s no doubt that this word has become a popular one in health care in recent years. As a gut health dietitian at Ignite Nutrition, I am particularly interested in how inflammation affects our digestion and…
At Ignite Nutrition we specialize not only in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), but we also work with clients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) and other gut disorders. If you’re wondering what the difference is between IBS and IBD, or if you have IBD and are trying to find out if…
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) is a chronic inflammatory condition that affects the gastrointestinal tract. The rising incidence of IBD has been associated with shifts toward a Westernized diet. It’s also thought that the gut microbiome may also play a role in its development. Because of the…