Current Job Opportunities at Ignite – Join Our Team!
Position: Contract Dietitian
Ignite Nutrition is hiring a casual/part time contract dietitian to join our team!
- Bachelor Degree in Nutrition and/or Food Sciences from an accredited University; and dietetic internship program completion
- Eligibility and/or Registration with the provincial regulatory body (i.e. College of Dietitians of Alberta)
- Has, or is willing to get liability insurance
- Previous experience in counselling and behaviour change preferred. Previous GI experience preferred.
- Ability to take direction but act with initiative and self-motivation to meet deadlines and responsibilities
- Exceptional attention to detail and documentation of work
- Strong planning, follow up, time management & organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible within demanding environment
- A passion for continual learning – self-directed and on top of the changing nutrition landscape!
- Tech Savvy – confident using various online platforms or willing to learn
- Continual Learner – stays up to date on current research, enjoys expanding on knowledge base through research, and is on top of trends their clients are interested in
- Reliable – a self-starter and adaptive to various environments
- Driven – looking to build a client portfolio within a growing practice
- Ability to manage multiple tasks – meet deadlines & manage time well
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to always be one step ahead
- Critical thinker – ability to consume info, synthesize it and apply it
- Problem solver– looks for the answer prior to asking questions, but knows personal/educational limitations and asks for help when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to tailor counselling to each individual – meeting them where they are at, confidently & compassionately listening and communicating with clients
Job Duties Description:
- One-on-one client counselling
- Presentations and lunch & learns
- Management of client bookings and schedule
- Provide content for the Ignite Nutrition blog
- Group education
- Development of presentations
Submit the following information to email@example.com
- Email address
- Phone number
- Website/Professional social media links (if applicable)
- Attach your resume
In a separate Word document, please answer the following questions:
- In my free time, I enjoy…
- I stay organized by…
- If I were a food I would be ______ because …
- In 10 sentences or less, tell us about yourself and why you’re interested in this role.
- Please describe WHO you think Ignite Nutrition’s ideal client is. (There are several – you only need to pick one type J )
- What hours are you looking for? (casual, part time, # of hours/days per week)
- What is your availability?
- Ignite is a growing business. There is room for your portfolio to grow over time as the business continues to grow. Are you interested in increasing hours over time?
Applications accepted until January 20th, 2018